2018 Course of Study - The Old Testament
Patzia & Petrotta
Warning: Last items in stock!
Arthur G. Patzia and Anthony J. Petrotta, Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2002, 4.25x7" softbound, 128 pages. ISBN: 0830814671
So many words about the Word. The study of anything seems to generate its own special vocabulary, and biblical studies is no different. What's more, it's got nearly a two-thousand-year lead on you! How can you catch up? Here is the answer!
If you are puzzled by parataxis or rankled by recensions, the Pocket Dictionary of Biblical Studies is the companion you need. Whether you are studying Old Testament or New Testament or both at once, this little book is your private tutor, your ever-ready guide to over three hundred biblical-studies terms. Here's your glossary for reading course textbooks, your decoder for listening to lectures, your review sheet for cramming for finals and your "help" key for writing research papers.
Among the more than 300 terms defined you'll discover:
* types of biblical criticism, from "genre criticism" to "tradition criticism"
* Greek and Latin terms, from "agrapha" to "vaticinium ex eventu"
* German terms, from "Frnhkatholizismus" to "Wissenschaft"
* ancient texts, from "Aleppo Codex" to "Zadokite Document"
* literary features, from "acrostic" to "woe oracle"
* theories, from the "Augustinian hypothesis" to the "Yahwist source"
* textual criticism terms, from "codex" to "Western text"
No customer reviews for the moment.